Status: In Backlog (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Epic Name:Portfolio level resource management
Host platform:JIRA server, JIRA cloud
Issues In Feature:
Portfolio level resource management (individuals & teams) should include:
- resource allocation to the projects vs total capacity on the portfolio level
- capacity vs estimates on project (Box) level
- resource allocation to the projects (Boxes)
- possibility to check which project(s) is a resource dedicated to (30% for project A, 40% for project B,...) at a selected timeframe
- resource allocation vs task assignment
- possibility to get a report on the time that has been logged by each user on tasks in the project (respective Box type(s)) versus the Box team (project team) allocation
- what-if scenario on the portfolio level (Box what-if)
- possibility to create scenarios of project roadmap and observing how it affects a capacity on the skill/ team/ resource levels
Some senior executive, that manages resources on the portfolio level, should be allowed to answer the below questions using BigPicture:
- Which team(s) is a resource dedicated to (30% for team A, 40% for Team B,...) at a selected timeframe?
- Which team* members are allocated to which projects**?
- Are certain team members over-allocated on the project level?
- Who is available right now that I could assign to a new project?
- Which team members will be freeing up in the upcoming weeks?
'* assumption: a function-based, "global" team
'** technical remark: a specific Box type or the list of specific Box types
[In the porfolio level resources management] the estimation can still be linked to the task. In BigPicture (in the Gantt view) there is already presented a project with the listed tasks and assignees. In Resource views I would like to see the workloads by project rather than just tasks. Right now there are “project codes – task” per task displayed. An envelope from start to end for a persons allocated project would work or even for me using the project name and replacing the project code task format could work.