Definition of done:
1. Configure the list of Box types, e.g.:
- For Waterfall/Hybrid: Corporate Portfolio, Project Portfolio, Project, Project phase, etc.
- For Agile: Program Increment, Iteration etc.
As of today, there are only 3 built-in types available: Program, Program Increment, Program Iteration
2. Configure relations between Box types, eg.:
- "Project" consists always of "Project phases"
- "Corporate portfolio" consists always of "Project portfolios"
- "Program Increment" consists of "Iterations"
As of today, the relation is fixed: Program → Program Increment → Program Iteration
3. Set scope definition for each Box, which is an instance of a Box type (i.e. specific Project Portfolio, specific Project, specific Iteration etc.), e.g.:
- Scope of Project Portfolio PP is based on the scope of its projects
- Scope of Project A is based on filter "Labels=GDPR"
- Iteration 2020/12 is synchronized with Jira Sprint 12/2019
As of today, a user is allowed to define the scope rules on the Program and/or Program Iteration level.
4. Analyze Box metrics calculated based on all tasks in the scope of the Box, e.g.:
- Sum of "Time spent" of all tasks in the scope of the project
- Work progress (% done / all tasks in the scope) of iteration 4
- Average of "Original estimate" of all tasks in Stage 1
5. Customize a default column views or card views for each Box of a given type, e.g.
- in Project Portfolio PP display list of projects with the following columns: project name, project status, project lead, start date, end date
- in Project A display list of project phases with the following columns: phase name, start date, end date, chosen metrics (e.g. % done)
6. Customize available modules for a particular Box type, e.g.:
- Gantt, Resources and Reports modules available in "Waterfall project" type
- Scope, Board and Risks modules available in "Agile project" type
As of today, modules are configurable only on the Program level, no defaults can be set.